Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Where the other half of my heart belongs...


Grateful. Blessed. Love. Adore. Secure. Peace. Comfort.


Home.


These are just a few words that come to mind when I think of this man:
He can eat like that and still look hot! ;0)

It was his birthday yesterday and often, but especially on special occasions, I stop and think about my life with him, and how blessed I am.


It all started when I was 16 and he was 18. 

We met...in truly one of the most romantic places you could imagine....

Paris?

Nope.

On a dusky sunset at the beach?

Nope.

We met at McDonalds, yo!!
*Love over the deep fryer my friends....you can't WRITE romance novels this good!*


He came into my life, not when I planned....oh no, I was not dating anybody exclusively. 
Nope. I was going to just play it cool and see where the wind took me.


But the wind blew me towards the drive thru!

God knew...he was probably thoroughly amused at how it all played out. 
My goofy jokes, his awkward flirting....we were quite the pair.


But Jeremy came into my life full force.
He saw me in my darkest time, a time where I battled a stronghold in my life.


He did not judge me. 

He did not move on to another girl who didn't have these insecurities.

No....he stood firmly by my side, he held me, cried with me, battled this demon with me.


He loved me.


He had my heart before I even realized it.





The journey since has not been easy. 
We've been through ups and downs...with each other, with family, with friends...with LIFE!


But we've pushed through the crazy, through the drama, through the hardships,
 through the pain.


We've grown in our faith, we're raising our children on this foundation. 


We've made communication a MUST, we've made honesty an ABSOLUTE.


We've made goofiness a part of our everyday.



and we've done it all.

Together.

 Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife,
 and they shall become one flesh.
Genesis 2:24



To you my Chief, my love.....

Here's to the adventures that await us in the upcoming
 chapters of life......to the very last page.

 photo signature_zps604dd3f5.png
a punk, a pumpkin and a peanut


PS: Notice my new blog design?? Isn't it fantastic?!
A HUGE thanks to Elise over at Hunters of Happiness for doing such a beautiful job!

1 comment:

  1. aaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww you guys are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete