Saturday, February 16, 2013

Don't judge me, yo!

I love Facebook (mostly), well....I enjoy Facebook...love is too strong of a word.

It brings me interaction with friends and family far away that I would not be able to contact regularly, let alone see how much they've changed, what exciting things they are doing etc.



But with great social media comes great anxiety.
I think Spiderman might've said that
Or maybe I'm paraphrasing. ;0)

Like those posts of  "quote pictures"...you know the ones...

"Share if you love your daughter more than anything"
(I don't mind those, they're from my mama. hehe)

"Your so vain, you probably think this post is about you"
(which I don't usually, but the power of suggestion always makes me 2nd guess!)

and these:






I'm gonna fess up, I say "Don't judge me!" in a very dramatic tone when I'm doing something embarrassing....like...well, let me be honest, living in this body makes awkward moments a daily thing.
I get the humorous aspect totally.

But I know that legitimate feeling of...feeling "judged".

As a young mama walking around the store with 3 kiddos within 3 years of each other, I felt like a walking circus act

I still struggle with that feeling...

"Do people think I'm a total freak cause I dress like a Hipster Color Kid??"

"I hope no one thinks we're part of a cult cause we home-school now....this isn't spiked Kool-Aid, it's just fruit punch!"

"Oh geez Bekah, don't let your voice break out like Peter Brady when your up at the mic praising JESUS!!"

but then He speaks to my heart:

"Yeah, your fashion is quirky...but don't you like quirky?"
*Yeah I do!*

"You home-school because I put it on your heart to do so"
*Oh yeahhhh, You did!*

"Your worshiping me...are you doing it FOR me? Yeah? Then don't worry if your voice breaks, all I hear is your heart full of adoration"
*Why do I always forget that?*


In a world of digital EVERYTHING,
 that's vying for our attention, 
social media that's stirring up negative or hurt feelings, it 
can be difficult to focus on the One who loves us just as we are.

But how can we not with such an awesome God?

Our God~Chris Tomlin


And since He loves me so abundantly, I will do my best to honor Him by loving others,
through every moment. Not just the peachy ones. ;0)

Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins.
1 Peter 4:8










No comments:

Post a Comment