Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Who ran through my zen garden?!


B.L.A.H

Stands for:
Boy, Look At Her! She's having a rough day!


OK, clearly I made that up 5 seconds ago,
 but oi to the vey, has been my mental being as of late!

I'm learning
 (and forgetting, then RE-learning) 
that guess what?
God made us all different say what? and *gasp*...not everyone...is...like...ME!


You can take a moment to let that sink in, I know I had to. 


For all my insecurities, I clearly have a higher opinion of my personality than I'd like to admit.

I want people to think of things I do, react how I would react, love how I would love.

But guess whaaaaat?

We're BETTER off being different. 

 If we were all the same...wouldn't that be lame?

*and wouldn't Dr. Seuss be proud of me right now?*  

That's why there's:

PB&J
Ketchup & Mustard
Black & White
Laure l& Hardy
Bert & Ernie
...you get my point.;0)  

While, I won't deny it hurts my heart when I don't get the reaction or words from a friend or family member that I was hoping for, I can do MY best to show even when I want to yell,argue, cry or throttle love .

  And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony.
Colossians 3:14 

So, tonight I'm not going to fall asleep thinking about the hurt & frustration from the day.

I choose love. 
I choose thankfulness. 
 and who couldn't love and be thankful for these squishy faces?!

  Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification.
Romans 14:19 

I'm not too proud to say, I had to look up the definition of edification, 
I'll post it so you don't have to also. ;0)


1.an act of edifying.  2. the state of being edified; uplift. 3.moral improvement or guidance.

 
~Bekah 
a punk, a pumpkin and a peanut
    


2 comments:

  1. yep. i am seeing that more in more with my kids...three different people, three differently personalities.

    i also am convinced that sisters come in opposite pairs.

    p.s. i have also come to learn that hurting people hurt so the best response is always love them. even more so when you don't "feel" like it/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! So true, we need to embrace our differences. I love BLAH...I would have never thought of that! ;)

    ReplyDelete