Monday, November 25, 2013

Push through the insecurities

OK, I don't know if anyone has been following my "Start with a spark" project. 

But if you have you would know that I SAIIIID I would post every Monday with a "spark" for everyone to (hopefully) be inspired by. 


Well....I didn't post last Monday.


and I would love to say it was because I was just so busy, or I was out spreading the love, homeschooling was taking up our time etc, etc. Which are all true as well, BUT the reason I didn't post was because of a stinky little feeling we all know as INSECURITY.


I was having an inner monologue with myself (which happens more often than I'd like to admit), it went something like this:


"No one thinks this idea is a good one, in fact...you've gotten several weird looks when you bring it up"

"that's ok though! We're not doing this for the approval of others, right??"

"We aren't? Don't we want people to be inspired and to love this idea?? *Which they don't*"

"...well yeah...but I can't let that be the determining factor in this path I'm on, PLUS we have had a few people who gave you positive feedback... so I'll post a spark anyways!"

"No one reads it so why take the time?"

"Ahhh...that's true. Nevermind."


My inner monologue really is a butt face if I may say so.


So, my sincerest apologies for letting my attitude get in the way of posting a spark. Even if you aren't necessarily wanting them so you can do them, my attitude of giving up is definitely not an example I want to leave for anyone! :)

SO, with that being said, here's my spark for the week!




Now this may be something you do already, so if it is...here's something to ADD to that spark...


Make someone you don't necessarily "enjoy" being around all the time feel loved.


Get them a card, buy them something small or if your feeling especially gutsy, give em' a hug!
If you feel more comfortable doing it in secret, then do it! 

That's tough, huh?? Well growing up ain't always easy folks!! ;) 
I know this is something  I could work on myself and darnit I intend to!


As always, I would love (and truth be told, would feel encouraged) to hear your "Spark Stories"!


1 comment:

  1. eeeeeeeeeeeeek! I'm not sure I'm comfortable with this idea... I dig making friends feel good, but there are a few people in life I'd like to kick and I sure as heck can't imagine bringing any of them a coffee or a hug. ;0) But I'll consider thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete